Do you have a LinkedIn profile.
If you do not have one yet, this could be a great time for you to create one. If you have a LinkedIn profile, leverage it to grow your online profile and expand your professional horizons.
LinkedIn offers its users, including hospitality professionals an excellent opportunity to connect with current and former colleagues, and connect with thought leaders, peers and others who may share not just your skills, but interests as well.
You can also follow companies whoes work you are interested in or admire. LinkedIn offers a fantastic opportunity to additionally join groups, share you thoughts at them and of course grow professionally as a result.
At the very core, LinkedIn endeavours to make you visible online. Besides generating your own content for this social media channel, you can also share articles and videos posted by others, and update your thoughts on the ‘status update‘.
You can Use Your LinkedIn Account to
- Highlight your professional strengths and uniqueness
- Begin online networking by making the right connections
- Attract profile visitors by posting articles and status updates
But before you get into the swing of things, here are a few points to streamline your LinkedIn account
- Profile Image – Use a professional image, preferably just of your face. LinkedIn is not Facebook so funny, quirky pictures are a big no no
- Found directly under your name
- This is your professional identity, Hook the reader!
- Don’t just list your recent position
- Use key-words for search engine optimization
- Write in the first person
- Add website link, blog link, or links to your other professional sites
- Upload examples of your work using media (pictures, flyers, video)
- Describe job duties
- Include strengths and accomplishments
- Seek out recommendations for each position
- Best way to get recommendations is to give them!
- Once you have written for a colleague, you can ask them to return the favor