For some time hotel technology has been limited to online booking.
With so many hotels out there, what will be the differentiator for both the leisure traveller and business traveller? It’s time for hoteliers to embrace technology and step up the game.
Some tech-savvy hotel chains and hoteliers are now introducing additional mobile information for the customer, such as:
- Booking information
- Information on loyalty points
- Information on upgrades and ancillaries
- Hotel information with photos and features
- Location-based things to do and weather
- Information on getting to a particular hotel
- Customer service notifications
However, these functions are becoming the norm and the next-generation hotel needs to become a ‘smart-hotel’.
In addition to basic functions, the ‘smart-hotel’ should add power features. These are features that make the hotel experience better for the consumer, especially the time-precious business customer. Read more
Published in: ehotelier.com