On what can be described as the eve of AHTEC@HOFEX 2013, it’s the perfect time to update our ever-popular DO’s and DON’TS of Hotel Technology.
Should you have something to add to the list, please send it to us for our next update.
1. Use digital signage instead of printed posters
2. Put some free bottles of water in the mini bar so that they are nice and cool
3. Check all the peep holes on guest room doors to make sure they are secure and the right way round
4. Mount irons on wall brackets in closets instead of placing them on the floor or shelves
5. Clearly display broadband charges, if your hotel has any and have a sign-on page if your Government so requires it
6. Make it easy to switch off all lights in the Guestroom from the bed – especially the bathroom and Vestibule lights
7. Make it easy to plug in a hairdryer, shaver, or electric toothbrush in the bathroom
8. Make the lighting in the bathroom bright enough for doing makeup – ask a Woman to check it
9. Have an illuminated make-up mirror in the bathroom
10. Have universal power sockets with USB power sockets easily available for guest-use in public areas, especially Lobby Lounges, Dining areas, Club Lounges and Poolside – also have international adapters handy. Read more
Published in: http://ehotelier.com
By: Terence Ronson