Constantly changing, the social media landscape has something new to offer for marketing. Recently, we have witnessed a flood of social media platforms, which has changed the way hotels, restaurants, clubs, lounge bars and other hospitality properties market themselves. With the advent of social media communication between hotels and their guests has got more personal, rapid and cost effective.
The newest social media platform that is upon us like a hurricane is Pinterest. A pin board inspired social photo sharing site, Pinterest allows user to create and manage a theme based collection of images such as of wedding and events, home décor, and Do It Yourself Craft. Due to its visual approach, Pinterest is making waves across the hospitality industry as well. Many hotels across the globe are using Pinterest to showcase their properties, market facilities and attract guests.
Now you must be wondering why I am emphasizing Pinterest, and there is a reason. Pinterest gets 11.5 million unique visitors per month and by creating a profile here, a hotel can drive traffic towards their website. When Pinterest was launched in 2010 it was considered one of the top 50 websites by Time Magazine and by 2011 it was considered among the top 10 ten websites.
How Hotels Can Use Pinterest
- Use compelling images of your property – Before choosing a hotel, guest always look for pictures of a property. How it looks, its location, facilities offered etc. Your hotel can strategically use images of the pool side, lounge, staff while working, facilities and recreation at your hotel. This will create a compelling psychological effect to choose your hotel for stay
- Hotels can also use photographs of events that take place at the property and lets guest know what kind of place they going to stay
- Post photographs of local celebrities and prominent people who use your property
- Plan interactive customer engagement program to drive sales. Make sure you keep terms and condition clear
- Provide captions and hash tag your images so that they are Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Engage with people and interact on the page this helps you gain momentum and built rapport among users
What to Avoid on Pintrest
- Make sure you don’t infringe any copyright while using images on Pinterest
- Avoid using flyers, excess content which is on the website already