Imagine a single device through which guests can switch on the TV, reduce the temperature on the air conditioner, order room service, listen to music and more! While for the average person, the tablet computer may seem like the new toy in town, restaurants, hotels and resorts can use this chic, sleek device to reduce clutter in the room, inform guests about facilities in their property and even advertise promos and discounts.
How Can a Hotel Use a Tablet Computer
- Replace hardcopy folders in guest rooms with a tablet that contains all information of your property
- Do away with the air conditioner, TV and music remotes
- Browse menus of all restaurants on the property and order room service
- Display hotel services on the tab and let guests book services like sightseeing packages and tickets
- Enable your guests to access information about your hotel group which may have a presence in multiple locations – use the tab to display brochures, videos and pictures of these locations
- Display promos or discount packages of other hotel properties
- Get guest feedback by asking them to fill an online feedback form that goes directly to the Hotel’s ERP
- Display ads from third party companies and let your tabs bring in revenue
Discover the Advantages of Signature Tablets
Another great way to use a tablet in your hospitality property is to adopt a signature tablet. This tablet can vary in price depending on the size, but the larger it is the more useful it gets. A signature tab is especially useful when you need to take guest signatures. When a guest signs digitally for the first time, his/her signature can be stored in your hotel ERP and each time the guest signs it can be used to verify the signature against internal records. This ensures the guest’s signature is not misused and also keeps your hospitality property paper free.
A large signature tab is great if you need the guest to fill in a long form and sign at the end. Here too, details filled in by the guest can directly be stored into the hotel ERP.
So are we going to see a growing presence of tablets in the restaurants, hotels, resorts and spas we visit? With paper going totally out of fashion and when tabs becoming the new mantra, we should think so 🙂